Thursday, March 20, 2014

The First Day of Spring?

 
 
    Is it really the first day of spring?  You could have fooled me!  A little warmer to-day, but still snow on the ground.  Will this winter ever end???
 
          I did notice an Iris or two popping up through the snow.  There is still a three foot pile of snow by my front door.  And even better news!  Back to the 20's next week!

 
        Seeds have been planted indoors a week or so ago.  Rosemary has survived coming in for the winter and can't wait to be back outside.  It actually flowered for most of the winter.  I have never seem it flower outside.


          Seedlings started popping up this week.  Better Boy and Sweet 100 Tomatoes, Dill, Purple and Green Basil, Cilantro, and Peppers.  I also started my Dahlia tubers and they were up within a few days.

                                                                                       
          My geraniums were planted up from the garage and are already going to flower.
 

          And this is my Meyer Lemon that I said anyone could grow.  Last week the leaves started turning yellow and fell off.  I think it was too close to the door and it burnt.  It had about 50 flower buds on it, but most have fallen off.  I think it hates the winter almost as much as I do!  Lets hope it's almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment